All You Need to Know about the Legendary Yamaha RX 100
Images and Wallpapers | Added 3 years ago
The Yamaha RX 100 commands a lot of respect. It was the fastest 100cc bike of its time. This is one of the more sturdy but lightweight bikes which were introduced in India for youngsters. The bike is powered by a 98cc, 2 stroke air cooled engine which gives out a maximum power of 11 bhp @ 7500 rpm and gives out a torque of 10.39 Nm @ 6500 rpm. The RX 100 comes with a manual 4 speed transmission. It goes to a top speed of about 100 kmph. Also the bike goes to a top speed of 0-60 kmph in only 7.5 seconds.
The bike is also known for some of its classy features such as Japanese Kayaba telescopic fork front suspension and a coil spring rear suspension. It is equipped with 130 mm drum brakes. The Yamaha RX 100 gives a mileage of about 40 kmpl which is not very good as compared to the modern competition coming from others bikes like Hero Splendor and Honda Dream Series. The bike has a fuel tank of 10.5 litres and it weighs about 95 kg (dry weight). The bike has a ground clearance of 145 mm.
Yamaha RX 100 has an Advanced Electronic CDI Auto lube lubrication. The bike has a good balance of styling and performance. The two wheeler was mostly popular with youngsters and over time has gained a cult following over the years. It is still in demand in the second hand market. The bike is mostly hassle free. Despite competition from Hero Honda Splendor, it has it's own distinct image. The bike's good performance can be credited to Yamaha's energy induction system. The bike was successful in giving the Indian market a taste of sports bike in the small segment.
Quick Facts about the Yamaha RX 100
- 98cc, 2-stroke, air-cooled engine
- Maximum power of 11 BHP @ 7500 RPM
- Maximum torque of 10.39 NM @ 6500 rpm
- 4-speed transmission
- Top speed of 100 KMPH
- 0-60 KMPH in 7.5 seconds
- Dry weight of the bike is 95 Kg
- Front suspension - Japanese Kayaba telescopic fork, oil damped
- Rear suspension - Swing arm, coil spring, oil damped
- Front and rear brakes - 130mm internal expanding drum brakes
Click here to know more about Yamaha RX 100.
- Right Click and select "Save Image" to save the image on your computer. Choose in your computer to set as wallpaper.
- Click on the image to view full size.